…This liminality; this state of becoming; this limbo of existence that is in flux…
This is a central repo for the #glitch machine B47 – Project Inside (#tgmb47)
While the #glitch machine B46 was a real world projection of a concept based around the glitch aesthetic and how that aesthetic can encourage a reimagining and recontextualisation of space, place and time; iteration b47 is an interactive game/experience based in a virtual world created in Unity.
This game/experience is driven by the player ‘dérive-ing’ the camera unit (from iteration b46) through a world influenced by the glitch aesthetic and concepts related to theories of the moving image and new media.
My approach to project development reflects the underlying concepts of the dérive and the process of détournement, where creativity is driven by discovery and exploration.
With this approach my aim is to discover a Duchamps-esque ‘digital readymade’ that is in a state of constant rearrangement – a state of continuous destruction and creation – that echoes the glitch aesthetic.
- Pick Up and Throw – Materials, Scale and Selection UpdatesAfter this and this recent post, the player PickUpandThrow mechanic […]
- Change Color on Raycast HitIn the process of developing the RB controller, one of […]
- Rigidbody Based Pick Up and ThrowAs the Rigidbody version of the Player continues to develop […]
- Custom Colliders for RigidBodiesWhile making good progress developing a new RB version of […]
- Refactoring UI ElementsI started this post with just the reference pic above […]
- Better Referencing in UnityAfter several months of development trying to keep things as […]
- Elevator PrefabAfter more than 2 weeks of wrestling with this idea, […]
- Player: UI Info OverlaySolution to displaying interactable object information on `UI based on […]
- Player: Audio ManagementAfter plenty of headaches with audio sources it seems that […]
- Set up a toggle button using the Input Actions ManagerSet up a toggle button using the Input Actions Manager: […]
- Human Places, Human SpacesThis 1979 (complete with awesomely future-retro funky intro tune and […]
- #glitch theoryAn ongoing list of related theoretical resources
- Peter Zumthar: Bruder Klaus Field ChapelThis architecturally intriguing piece is a prime candidate to explore […]
- Architecture in Game Design (GDC 2016)Some interesting resources on architecture (as in buildings and space) […]
- An exploration of New Media and Interface Design (2012)INTRODUCTION The following pages are aimed at exploring my recent […]
- The #glitch machine B46The glitch machine #B46 – a new media installation production. […]
- Environment Lighting in UnityI’m posting this reference to a great CG Cookie article […]
- Iteration #0: feature updates (and fiddling)After managing to deliver on my project management priorities, iteration […]
- Animation: Curves and ImmersionThis vid highlights approaches to developing procedural animations that can […]
- Conceptual Inspiration from Fantastic VoyageI was thinking that based in the game start idea […]