This is a notebook of my explorations into digital interactive experiences. focused on recording sketches, code snippets, thoughts and ideas that excite and fire my imagination.
By recording these thoughts and ideas here I’m hoping to build a dev repo that is purely for my own benefit and memory. Saying that if there is anything you find useful as a visitor feel free to grab, share or even contact me as you see fit.
- Pick Up and Throw – Materials, Scale and Selection Updates
- Blender to Unity 01 – Scale, UV’s and Import
- Environment Lighting in Unity
I’m a self taught on and off programmer, developer, designer and general fiddler, often with too many ideas and too few solutions – hence me trying to record some of my ‘adventures’ here as an aide memoir.
Wherever possible in whatever project or experiment I’m recording I’ll be trying to build from scratch – an approach that will inevitably lead to confusion, chaos and meanderings into irrelevance, entropy and over excitement on my behalf. Now that I like the sound of!
I’m also going to mention that I have Crohn’s Disease; a chronic condition that has a big bad impact on my life. So at some point I’m sure there’ll be a category dedicated to me bemoaning and complaining about the peculiar confusion and chaos of IBD.
So there you go.
- Pick Up and Throw – Materials, Scale and Selection UpdatesAfter this and this recent post, the player PickUpandThrow mechanic […]
- Change Color on Raycast HitIn the process of developing the RB controller, one of […]
- Rigidbody Based Pick Up and ThrowAs the Rigidbody version of the Player continues to develop […]
- Custom Colliders for RigidBodiesWhile making good progress developing a new RB version of […]
- Refactoring UI ElementsI started this post with just the reference pic above […]
- Better Referencing in UnityAfter several months of development trying to keep things as […]
- Elevator PrefabAfter more than 2 weeks of wrestling with this idea, […]
- Player: UI Info OverlaySolution to displaying interactable object information on `UI based on […]
- Player: Audio ManagementAfter plenty of headaches with audio sources it seems that […]
- Set up a toggle button using the Input Actions ManagerSet up a toggle button using the Input Actions Manager: […]
- Human Places, Human SpacesThis 1979 (complete with awesomely future-retro funky intro tune and […]
- #glitch theoryAn ongoing list of related theoretical resources
- Peter Zumthar: Bruder Klaus Field ChapelThis architecturally intriguing piece is a prime candidate to explore […]
- Architecture in Game Design (GDC 2016)Some interesting resources on architecture (as in buildings and space) […]
- An exploration of New Media and Interface Design (2012)INTRODUCTION The following pages are aimed at exploring my recent […]
- The #glitch machine B46The glitch machine #B46 – a new media installation production. […]
- Environment Lighting in UnityI’m posting this reference to a great CG Cookie article […]
- Iteration #0: feature updates (and fiddling)After managing to deliver on my project management priorities, iteration […]
- Animation: Curves and ImmersionThis vid highlights approaches to developing procedural animations that can […]
- Conceptual Inspiration from Fantastic VoyageI was thinking that based in the game start idea […]